Hockey Drill Demonstration
- Lay out sticks on the ground about 1 metre apart.
- Six sticks should be laid in a continuous straight line.
- Five cones in a zig-zag formation.
- Use ladders or a line of two cones close together (about 30cm between each pair).
- Place a stick on a pair of cones x6, about 1 metre between each one.
- Players run in and out of the sticks
- Players jump with feet together over the sticks (from left to right followed by right to left)
- Run round the cones, the players should touch the cone with the inside hand each time
- Players touch the pitch with one foot between each space
- Players run through and over as fast as they can. Check that they lift their knees nice and high going over the hurdles.
When finished section 5 run back to the 1st station and join the back of the queue to start again.
Repeat this circuit 4-5 times.
Drill tags: circuit, fitness, jump, running, warm up