Short on time? That's where our weekly Hockey lesson plans come in handy!
Throughout the season our resident coaches share what they are coaching with you so you can use it too. No two weeks are the same.
- All plans contain videos and diagrams. Watch the videos to quickly understand how to run the session
- Clear instructions, coaching points and progressions allow you to coach with confidence and challenge your players
- Read the plans on any mobile, tablet or computer. You can save the plan as a PDF or print a copy to take on the pitch/court.
Latest Hockey Plans
Goal Scoring Opportunities - Sweep Hit
Sweep away the opposition! Pass and move on the run and hit a sweeping power shot!
1 v 1 Confidence - Running with the ball
Give everyone on the team the confidence to take the ball under pressure, beat a player with their 1-on-1 skills, then move it on.
Overlap and Support in Front of the Ball
Baffle your opponents with the illusion of an extra man - coach your players to move positively with overlapping.
Introduction - Passing and Receiving on the Move
Don't stop moving! Speed up gameplay by working on your junior players' ability to pass and receive on the run!
Vision in the 2v1 - Watching the Left Foot
Help your players spot defender's weaknesses, especially when the odds are stacked in their favour - and make the overload count!
Vision in the 1v1 - Focus on the Defender's Stick
Make the defender commit to moving their stick, read the signs and time your move to attack the space in this 1v1 attacking session
All our plans are written with a clear goal in mind, to help you improve a key area of your players' game through simple drills, conditioned games and skill practices.
We work with a large number of coaches and sports educators so that we can bring you the widest range of
You can coach these sessions as they are or alternatively use them as a springboard for your own ideas.
Browse Hockey Lesson Plans by categoryPrev Next
- Conditioned Games Training Plans (2)
- Defending Skills Training Plans (6)
- Eliminating a Player Training Plans (2)
- Game related Training Plans (6)
- Indoor Hockey Training Plans (8)
- Movement off the ball Training Plans (6)
- Moving with the ball Training Plans (11)
- Overload situations Training Plans (3)
- Passing and Receiving Training Plans (17)
- Possession Training Plans (15)
- Training Plans for Juniors (9)
- Roles and Responsibilities (1)
- Scoring on the break Training Plans (3)
- Set Pieces Training Plans (2)
- Self Pass Training Plans (4)
- Shooting & Goalscoring Drills (7)
- 3D Skills Training Plans (1)
What our users say
Great site. An absolute must for coaches who are willing to change and learn new drills. Superb, simply superb.
Excellent, used the drills at our first training session today with 10-13 year old boys. They said they had never learnt so much in one session. Thank you keep them coming!
I really appreciate the Hockey Coaching on Sportplan. The senior girls really enjoy the variety of exercises.