Short on time? That's where our weekly Hockey lesson plans come in handy!
Throughout the season our resident coaches share what they are coaching with you so you can use it too. No two weeks are the same.
- All plans contain videos and diagrams. Watch the videos to quickly understand how to run the session
- Clear instructions, coaching points and progressions allow you to coach with confidence and challenge your players
- Read the plans on any mobile, tablet or computer. You can save the plan as a PDF or print a copy to take on the pitch/court.
Latest Hockey Plans
Vision in the 2v1 - Watching the Left Foot
Help your players spot defender's weaknesses, especially when the odds are stacked in their favour - and make the overload count!
Vision in the 1v1 - Focus on the Defender's Stick
Make the defender commit to moving their stick, read the signs and time your move to attack the space in this 1v1 attacking session
Coaching Players with Different Abilities in one session
How to run a mixed ability session: Get everyone working, while some players receive a little extra tuition to bring them up to speed!
Masterclass - Passing for Possession
Masterclass in the dark arts of passing. Develop your team's passing and help them to get the ball for longer with this possession session!
Improving pace of the pass
Develop your team?s ability to zip the ball around the field with skill and confidence.
Attacking the central channel - Narrow Possession
Why let them have the ball!? Just keep it for yourself instead! Create goal scoring chances from just keeping the ball.
All our plans are written with a clear goal in mind, to help you improve a key area of your players' game through simple drills, conditioned games and skill practices.
We work with a large number of coaches and sports educators so that we can bring you the widest range of
You can coach these sessions as they are or alternatively use them as a springboard for your own ideas.
Browse Hockey Lesson Plans by categoryPrev Next
- Conditioned Games Training Plans (2)
- Defending Skills Training Plans (6)
- Eliminating a Player Training Plans (2)
- Game related Training Plans (6)
- Indoor Hockey Training Plans (8)
- Movement off the ball Training Plans (6)
- Moving with the ball Training Plans (11)
- Overload situations Training Plans (3)
- Passing and Receiving Training Plans (17)
- Possession Training Plans (15)
- Training Plans for Juniors (9)
- Roles and Responsibilities (1)
- Scoring on the break Training Plans (3)
- Set Pieces Training Plans (2)
- Self Pass Training Plans (4)
- Shooting & Goalscoring Drills (7)
- 3D Skills Training Plans (1)
What our users say
Great site. An absolute must for coaches who are willing to change and learn new drills. Superb, simply superb.
Excellent, used the drills at our first training session today with 10-13 year old boys. They said they had never learnt so much in one session. Thank you keep them coming!
I really appreciate the Hockey Coaching on Sportplan. The senior girls really enjoy the variety of exercises.