Short on time? That's where our weekly Hockey lesson plans come in handy!
Throughout the season our resident coaches share what they are coaching with you so you can use it too. No two weeks are the same.
- All plans contain videos and diagrams. Watch the videos to quickly understand how to run the session
- Clear instructions, coaching points and progressions allow you to coach with confidence and challenge your players
- Read the plans on any mobile, tablet or computer. You can save the plan as a PDF or print a copy to take on the pitch/court.
Latest Hockey Plans
Overcoming on the ball nerves
6 drills and games designed to improve your players' on the ball confidence and improve their passing and dribbling decision making skills
Passing on the move to both sides
Passing prowess session - get your players passing with confidence, from left to right and right to left!
Moving with the ball - Improving Dribbling and Scanning
>How do you play hockey if you don?t know what?s going on around you? Get your young players moving with their eyes up to become passing demons!
Keep the Ball: Stop the other team scoring on the break
Kill the game, consolidate a lead and learn to love having the ball. Keeping the ball can be your best form of defence!
Commit the Defender before you Pass
Take the defender out of the equation by bringing them closer to you. Get them to commit then move the ball on to set up an attack.
Coaching the Clip Hit
Are your range of passes limited? Do you need to get the shot away quicker? Use the clip hit to add an extra dimension to your game.
All our plans are written with a clear goal in mind, to help you improve a key area of your players' game through simple drills, conditioned games and skill practices.
We work with a large number of coaches and sports educators so that we can bring you the widest range of
You can coach these sessions as they are or alternatively use them as a springboard for your own ideas.
Browse Hockey Lesson Plans by categoryPrev Next
- Conditioned Games Training Plans (2)
- Defending Skills Training Plans (6)
- Eliminating a Player Training Plans (2)
- Game related Training Plans (6)
- Indoor Hockey Training Plans (8)
- Movement off the ball Training Plans (6)
- Moving with the ball Training Plans (11)
- Overload situations Training Plans (3)
- Passing and Receiving Training Plans (17)
- Possession Training Plans (15)
- Training Plans for Juniors (9)
- Roles and Responsibilities (1)
- Scoring on the break Training Plans (3)
- Set Pieces Training Plans (2)
- Self Pass Training Plans (4)
- Shooting & Goalscoring Drills (7)
- 3D Skills Training Plans (1)
What our users say
Great site. An absolute must for coaches who are willing to change and learn new drills. Superb, simply superb.
Excellent, used the drills at our first training session today with 10-13 year old boys. They said they had never learnt so much in one session. Thank you keep them coming!
I really appreciate the Hockey Coaching on Sportplan. The senior girls really enjoy the variety of exercises.