Short on time? That's where our weekly Hockey lesson plans come in handy!
Throughout the season our resident coaches share what they are coaching with you so you can use it too. No two weeks are the same.
- All plans contain videos and diagrams. Watch the videos to quickly understand how to run the session
- Clear instructions, coaching points and progressions allow you to coach with confidence and challenge your players
- Read the plans on any mobile, tablet or computer. You can save the plan as a PDF or print a copy to take on the pitch/court.
Latest Hockey Plans
Passing while moving down the pitch
JUNIOR SESSION: Although a simple skill to perfect, it is massively effective to keep the momentum in your attacks. Improve your players ability to pass and receive whilst on the move.
2 v 1 in a game situation - Drawing in the Defender
Creating 2v1?s across the pitch is the holy grail for attackers. It is an easy and low-risk way of eliminating defenders however can be tricky to create in a match setting. Use this session to develop your team?s ability to create the overload in attack.
Adding to the Pass: Receiving and passing on the Move
Don't get caught standing! Teach your players this all-in-one receive and run onto the pass skill to give them the extra yard
Man to Man Marking Behind the Zone
Conceding sloppy goals? Reinforce good habits to improve your players' defensive movement and communication.
Posting up and Overlapping
Get your players taking up forward positions on the pitch and overlapping to offer extra attacking options!
Junior Passing and Receiving - Improving speed of thought
Teach your players that Passing and Receiving is the fastest way to progress the ball up the pitch!
All our plans are written with a clear goal in mind, to help you improve a key area of your players' game through simple drills, conditioned games and skill practices.
We work with a large number of coaches and sports educators so that we can bring you the widest range of
You can coach these sessions as they are or alternatively use them as a springboard for your own ideas.
Browse Hockey Lesson Plans by categoryPrev Next
- Conditioned Games Training Plans (2)
- Defending Skills Training Plans (6)
- Eliminating a Player Training Plans (2)
- Game related Training Plans (6)
- Indoor Hockey Training Plans (8)
- Movement off the ball Training Plans (6)
- Moving with the ball Training Plans (11)
- Overload situations Training Plans (3)
- Passing and Receiving Training Plans (17)
- Possession Training Plans (15)
- Training Plans for Juniors (9)
- Roles and Responsibilities (1)
- Scoring on the break Training Plans (3)
- Set Pieces Training Plans (2)
- Self Pass Training Plans (4)
- Shooting & Goalscoring Drills (7)
- 3D Skills Training Plans (1)
What our users say
Great site. An absolute must for coaches who are willing to change and learn new drills. Superb, simply superb.
Excellent, used the drills at our first training session today with 10-13 year old boys. They said they had never learnt so much in one session. Thank you keep them coming!
I really appreciate the Hockey Coaching on Sportplan. The senior girls really enjoy the variety of exercises.