Short on time? That's where our weekly Hockey lesson plans come in handy!
Throughout the season our resident coaches share what they are coaching with you so you can use it too. No two weeks are the same.
- All plans contain videos and diagrams. Watch the videos to quickly understand how to run the session
- Clear instructions, coaching points and progressions allow you to coach with confidence and challenge your players
- Read the plans on any mobile, tablet or computer. You can save the plan as a PDF or print a copy to take on the pitch/court.
Latest Hockey Plans
Passing Web: Support Play
Complete the Passing Web by getting ahead to re-lead and look for the next pass to sustain attacks and start the process over again.
High Speed Elimination PLUS Closing Down to Slow Attacks
Attack at pace by perfecting high-speed eliminations with a variety of different skills. PLUS equip your defenders with the understanding of how to reduce the chances of being eliminated easily.
Passing Web: Pass Technique (Disguised Passing)
Continue the passing web by developing the right technique to make connections by delivering an accurate, firm pass. Learn how to disguise the pass to send the defender one way before making the connection.
Moderate Speed Elimination PLUS Closing Down to Tackle
Eliminate at moderate speed by transferring the weight to drag and accelerate to eliminate. The two-way session also works on your defenders movement to run with the attacker to not get eliminated.
Passing Web: Post-scanning to Create Space
Scanning whilst on the ball is vital to making strong connections. Part of the Passing Web, players will soon be carrying to space, scanning to spot the next pass with this session.
Low Speed Elimination PLUS Closing Down to Tackle
Eliminate at low speed by recognising the space and utilizing it to beat the defender. The two-way session also works on your defenders movement to close the space to reduce the chance of elimination.
All our plans are written with a clear goal in mind, to help you improve a key area of your players' game through simple drills, conditioned games and skill practices.
We work with a large number of coaches and sports educators so that we can bring you the widest range of
You can coach these sessions as they are or alternatively use them as a springboard for your own ideas.
Browse Hockey Lesson Plans by categoryPrev Next
- Conditioned Games Training Plans (2)
- Defending Skills Training Plans (6)
- Eliminating a Player Training Plans (2)
- Game related Training Plans (6)
- Indoor Hockey Training Plans (8)
- Movement off the ball Training Plans (6)
- Moving with the ball Training Plans (11)
- Overload situations Training Plans (3)
- Passing and Receiving Training Plans (17)
- Possession Training Plans (15)
- Training Plans for Juniors (9)
- Roles and Responsibilities (1)
- Scoring on the break Training Plans (3)
- Set Pieces Training Plans (2)
- Self Pass Training Plans (4)
- Shooting & Goalscoring Drills (7)
- 3D Skills Training Plans (1)
What our users say
Great site. An absolute must for coaches who are willing to change and learn new drills. Superb, simply superb.
Excellent, used the drills at our first training session today with 10-13 year old boys. They said they had never learnt so much in one session. Thank you keep them coming!
I really appreciate the Hockey Coaching on Sportplan. The senior girls really enjoy the variety of exercises.