Short on time? That's where our weekly Hockey lesson plans come in handy!
Throughout the season our resident coaches share what they are coaching with you so you can use it too. No two weeks are the same.
- All plans contain videos and diagrams. Watch the videos to quickly understand how to run the session
- Clear instructions, coaching points and progressions allow you to coach with confidence and challenge your players
- Read the plans on any mobile, tablet or computer. You can save the plan as a PDF or print a copy to take on the pitch/court.
Latest Hockey Plans
Pre-Season Conditioning - Part 4
In this fourth and final fitness plan so we cover all the bases - working on cardio, strength, speed and agility - getting your players ready for the new season
Switch the ball to create forward space
Pass the ball out of pressure and find space to attack with this speedy stickwork and ball switching plan
Skill Development - Passing and Moving with the ball
Get your players moving comfortably with the ball and passing smoothly, ready for their first competitive game.
Pre-Season Conditioning - Part 3
Part 3 to Pre-season Conditioning Training - Keep the energy levels high and build up your players' tolerance to lactic acid, ready to endure the new season.
Pre-Season Conditioning - Part 2
Hard work doesn't stop! Continue with part two and get your players in the best shape of their lives! ready for the new season.
Improve awareness and moving for the ball
Get your players to see the open space and develop their creative passing with this session.
All our plans are written with a clear goal in mind, to help you improve a key area of your players' game through simple drills, conditioned games and skill practices.
We work with a large number of coaches and sports educators so that we can bring you the widest range of
You can coach these sessions as they are or alternatively use them as a springboard for your own ideas.
Browse Hockey Lesson Plans by categoryPrev Next
- Conditioned Games Training Plans (2)
- Defending Skills Training Plans (6)
- Eliminating a Player Training Plans (2)
- Game related Training Plans (6)
- Indoor Hockey Training Plans (8)
- Movement off the ball Training Plans (6)
- Moving with the ball Training Plans (11)
- Overload situations Training Plans (3)
- Passing and Receiving Training Plans (17)
- Possession Training Plans (15)
- Training Plans for Juniors (9)
- Roles and Responsibilities (1)
- Scoring on the break Training Plans (3)
- Set Pieces Training Plans (2)
- Self Pass Training Plans (4)
- Shooting & Goalscoring Drills (7)
- 3D Skills Training Plans (1)
What our users say
Great site. An absolute must for coaches who are willing to change and learn new drills. Superb, simply superb.
Excellent, used the drills at our first training session today with 10-13 year old boys. They said they had never learnt so much in one session. Thank you keep them coming!
I really appreciate the Hockey Coaching on Sportplan. The senior girls really enjoy the variety of exercises.