Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Passing and receiving exercise to warm the players up and get the handling skills ready for training.
- Minimum 9 players.
- Groups of three run out together in a line
- An end player starts with the ball and passes to the player next to them, who passes to the other end player of the three.
- That player then pops the ball off to the player in the next group of three opposite them.
- The passage continues.
- The players should focus on accurately passing along the line.
- They need to help each other by passing at a height (around the torso area) that the player receiving can then pass the ball off quickly and effectively.
- This should be mastered quite quickly, and then players should focus on increasing the speed of pass along the line.
Drill tags: handling, passing, warm up