Netball Drill Demonstration
*AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON*
- Shooters to take shots at goal and deliberately miss to cause a rebound situation.
- Initially have the defender standing beside the shooter and jumping in, across the player to box the shooter out and grab the rebound.
- Once players have a feel for this movement, have them defend the shot with the correct distance, as if in a game situation. The defender then needs to react to the shot being taken, turn quickly and box (block) the player out from the rebound.
- Boxing out allows the defender to be in an optimal position when contesting for the rebound.
- Defenders to use their bodies to hold the space in front of them so that the shooters do not move closer to the post.
When the defenders have a feel for boxing out, have the shooters follow the shot and contest the rebound.