Rugby Drill Demonstration
- 6 players per group, 5 players with ball.
- 5 players with ball stand in semi-circle (approx 5yd diameter).
- Other player (catcher) stands in center of circle with back to other players.
- 5 players decide between them (silently) who will make pass to player in center.
- Coach blows whistle, catcher makes 180 jump to face other players.
- All players with ball, except one, dummy pass to catcher, other player actually passes.
- Player in center must react and catch pass.
- 3x to 5x for each player and rotate.
- Catcher to use observation skills to anticipate where pass is coming from.
- Hands up in W ready for ball.
- Adjust positioning to catch pass cleanly.