Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Hold on! - Running back Core - 3 sets of 3
- Spinning Wheel- RB Core 3 sets of 3
- Leg Drive Sledges
- Set up2 cones 5 metres apart - Designated carrier runs from cone to cone executing 180 turns for 3 lengths. Players at either cone try to rip/Slash the ball during the turn. Working Change of direction and acceleration while focussing on ball retention.
- Set up cones as in Diagram.., RB places hand in centre of cones in 3 point stance. Hand stays in contact with ground as the player traverse's each section- 2 Foot strikes in each section. Coach shout swith RB switches hand continues. Progression is coach calling Gap and the RB accelerates immediately.
- 5 metre square.- In Pairs one player assumes comfortable running position, second player holds on to belt and offers resistance. on whistle player accelerates pulling his weight behind at the 5 m point releases. Working on YAC, acceleration, power and balance.