Gets them thinking which technique is best one out of 3 to use.
1. Have a tackle cylinder and a defender with a curved tackle shield on its side, standing over the middle of the cylinder.
2. One player laying on their belly in front of a green cone.
3. When coach says go they bounce to their feet. When this happens the defender can choose witch way he/she holds the tackle shield. (curve top or bottom)
4.They run up to the cone and push of their outside foot towrads ruck area.
5. They then want to choose which technique is going to work best last minute.
5. Do it five times on each shoulder and then change over.
-Ensure players are focused on getting low and driving the feet.
"It is not only useful for staff who are experienced but a valuable tool for those subject staff who have to take teams."
The variety of sessions across sports - sometimes we steal session ideas from one sport and use them with another.
As we enter the business end of the competition, we take a look at the remaining eight teams and the key talking points surrounding each side.
Give it a try - it's better in the app