Rugby Drill Demonstration
Gets them thinking which technique is best one out of 3 to use.
1. Have a tackle cylinder and a defender with a curved tackle shield on its side, standing over the middle of the cylinder.
2. One player laying on their belly in front of a green cone.
3. When coach says go they bounce to their feet. When this happens the defender can choose witch way he/she holds the tackle shield. (curve top or bottom)
4.They run up to the cone and push of their outside foot towrads ruck area.
5. They then want to choose which technique is going to work best last minute.
5. Do it five times on each shoulder and then change over.
-Ensure players are focused on getting low and driving the feet.