Rugby Drill Demonstration
Showing the players the first way to get someone out of a ruck if they are quite open.
1. Have a tackle cylinder and a defender with a curved tackle shield standing over the middle of the cylinder.
2. One player laying on their belly in front of a green cone.
3. When coach say go they bounce to their feet. they run up to the cone and push of their outside foot towrads ruck area.
4. They then want to adopt that low body position and get their shoulder under the curve hit and drive the defender back.
5. Do it five times on each shoulder and then change over.
-Ensure players are focused on getting low and driving the feet.