Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Two attackers are on there stomachs staggered. (Red & Blue)
- The Jackler (Yellow) is on his stomach.
- Upon "GO" the Blue attacker stands and dives on the ball presenting it back.
- The yellow player (Jackler) tries to steal the ball and stands strong over the tackled player.
- Once the Blue player is on his feet the Red player can get up and support him trying to clear the yellow player off the ball.
- This drill is to get the Jackler to stand strong and take a hit while also allowing the Support player to try and clear a strong positioned jackler off the ball.
- Do not worry so much about the ball being stolen, It is there for the jacler to get hands on and get a good stance.
- If you find the Support player is arriving too early before the jackler is set get him to lay on his back and flip over and stand up to delay a second more.