Rugby Drill Demonstration
Step 4: Ball carrier will take ball into contact, obviously trying to get as best carry as possible.
Defenders will try prevent this by making a dominant tackle.
Support players must come with low body positions and good clear out.
- Good carry
- Good body position for ball placement (like in diagram or as close as possible), Long Body
- Placement with 2 hands, look after the ball
Cleaner & Sealer:
- Must be low, good body positions & focus on gettting them to come in legally.
- Sealers must finish it off correctly
- Tacle low, nearly same body position as the cleaners & sealers
- Robbing the ball isn't that important, tackle & communication in defence most important parts