Rugby Drill Demonstration
The two teams (A) and (D).
The two teams pass the ball between each other until the
coach calls “Go”.
The player with the ball must then run to the try line and
attempt to score a try.
The player without the ball must attempt to tag the ball carrier
before he or she scores a try.
Vary the types of pass.
Increase/decrease the distance between the teams.
· Carry the ball in two hands
· Run forward
· Lower centre of gravity (body height) and shorten strides when
· Use fast feet to run into space
· Deny time and space by moving forward quickly
· Lower centre of gravity
· Look forward at the target, hands up
· Make sure the players make a two handed 'Walla’ tag