Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Scrum half with pile of balls
- Passing waves in 4 lines
- 3 defenders opposite wave
- On s/h passing, defenders push up, calling "Push" or similar.
- Each attacker is tackled as the have the ball
- Defenders try to push attack backwards and cut off the pass reaching the wing
- Attackers try to pass quickly and accurately enough to get past defence
- Defence calls "Reload" and realigns for the next wave of 4 attackers
- Go up in a line - dont allow players out of the line unless running a "shooter"
- Fade off runners if they pass too early and "double-team" the outside runners
- Pick the time to "spot tackle" to snuff out the 2 v 1 overlap
- Quick clean hands always beats the tacklers
- Don't fire miss-passes when you have to overlap
- Recover from breakdowns quickly.
NOTE: Make the same three defenders cover multiple waves and try to avoid a quality drop.