Rugby Drill Demonstration
1) keep boxes narrow, 10m at most
2) Defenders cannot leave their box
3) Attacker runs, catches pass from coach and aims to get through the tunnel beating all 3 defenders.
4) If tagged, returns back to the line and goes again.
5) Line kept moving by releasing the attacker once the 1st attacker is past the 2nd box. Defenders have to be ready!
Main coaching point are:
Attacker Collects ball at pace.
Draw the defender to one side then side step
Heads up rugby - watching where the other defenders go so that attacker then knows which direction to run in
Defenders - where do they stand in the box. (step up to close down space).
Which way are attackers hips pointing (tells you where they are heading).
When taking tag hold it p shout tag and hand back to player.