Rugby Drill Demonstration
One player throws the ball in to 5 players standing side by side. One player to stand in the scrum half position so as to be ready to receive a pass.
Pupils should :-
- Attack the ball by moving forwards.
- Catch the ball in two hands.
- Players on either side of the jumper need to protect the jumper after they have caught the ball.
- Ensure that the lineout is properly spaced.
- Ensure the ball is won by catching the ball cleanly.
- Ensure no barging or lifting.
- Allow opposition to drive when ball is caught.
- Practice off the top and catch and drive