Rugby Drill Demonstration
1 v 1
- players will be split into two teams and line up behind the cones on either side of the field.
- players on both sides will be numbered of from 1 to 5
- The coach will call the number.
- both players of which that is there humber will get up and run around the outside cone on the field.
- the coach will then hand one of them the ball, this player is the attacker and will have to make his way around the defender to score a try.
- the defender will try to make a two hand tag on the attackers hips.
- run with the ball in two hands
- place the ball down with two hands
- defender watch which way the attackers hips go, not his feet.
- use speed and side step to try and beat the defender