Rugby Drill Demonstration
3 attackers and 2 defenders.
The scrum half passes to the first receiver of group of 3 attackers.
The 3 attacking players must then pass the ball down the line as they attempt to beat the defenders.
- 2 defenders move forward fast (line speed)
- Stay balanced
- First defender stays on 1st attacker
- 2nd defender stays on 2nd attacker
- Maximum line speed - close down space quickly
- Final approach with control - shorten footwork
- Prepare for contact with a front on tackle as above.