Rugby Drill Demonstration
- 2 players minimum
- Tackle Sausage
-Crocodile roll is one technique to repmove threats from a breakdown.
most useful for smaller players to move larger ones.
-Require control, power, accuracy.
Identify if croc roll is the right technique to use.
- Target the defenders upperback/lower neck region.
- Initate the clear out by big shoulder contact into that area, set feet wide, then bearhug the defender
- Use momentum and rotate hips downwards, maintain strong grip and roll palyer off the ball.
- Finish movement on top of player and compete for ball.
- Still have a heavy/powerful impact
- Use momentum
- Arms around torso not head.
- (watch Croc Roll Video for technique)