Hockey Drill Demonstration
*** AUDIO DESCRIPTION ON ***
Develop the attackers ability to eliminate by widening their drag and accelerating away from the contest on their open stick side.
Being able to eliminate at lower speed is a great way to get out of situations where attackers are surrounded by defenders or a great way to set up counter attacks when you turn the ball over.
- Keep the body upright and drive at the player.
- The ball is held at 1 o'clock on the forehand side and the attacker approaches the defender with the body positioned in a way that they can either pass or drag the ball either way, creating indecision in the defenders mind.
- This position also facilitates vision to the left and allowing movement of the ball left initially.
- Use the body to sell the defender to their open stick side prior to dragging the ball wide to their reverse stick side and outside of their own right foot.
- The attacker then pushes off their left leg to accelerate away from the contact.
- The width of the drag to the reverse side is what beats the defender, not the speed.