- transfer ball over longer distances quickly
- method to shoot at goal
- should be able to hit off both left & right foot (right is harder)
- clip hit adopted when opposition are close by & ball needs to be hit quickly - shorter backswing
- - practice 25-40m apart
- before hitting - player should scan area
- eyes - focus on back of ball rather than where ball is to go - increases accuracy
- hands - together at top of stick (varies from player to player)
- wrist - movement (cocking action) is key - gain momentum
- sideways with left shoulder pointing towards target, knees bent
- if static- ball position - out in front of left foot between 1 & 2 o clock, about stick length away
- hit when level with left foot contact made with back of ball
- too close to body = miss hit; stick against ground = reduces power
- head of stick makes contact with ball
- follow through - with stick & body towards target & weight transfer in direction of ball - back (right) to front foot (left) - increases momentum
"It is not only useful for staff who are experienced but a valuable tool for those subject staff who have to take teams."
The variety of sessions across sports - sometimes we steal session ideas from one sport and use them with another.
As we enter the business end of the competition, we take a look at the remaining eight teams and the key talking points surrounding each side.
Give it a try - it's better in the app