Tennis Drill Demonstration
Intention: Develop sending and receiving skill through the use of progressive coordination exercises.
- Players stand facing each other on the inside and outside tramlines respectively (in a ready, athletic, "gorilla position")
- Players start with one ball and throw the ball underarm between each other.
- The ball must bounce once before the partner catches the ball.
- Each player must throw the ball with their right hand and catch the ball with their left.
- Once the ball has been caught it must be passed between the hands in preparation for the throw.
- As players master a rhythm, they attempt to increase the tempo.
- Coaches to look for players standing in ready positions, both players need to throw with the same hands; they need to work as a team.
- Get the players to challenge themselves by setting a number of sequences they can do with their partner (beat their personal best score)
- Progress this to the pairs competing in a team to beat the other pairs (as a team competing to beat others).
Move on to "Developing Coordination- Progression 2"