Tennis Drill Demonstration
Intention: Develop sending and receiving skills through the use of progressive coordination exercises.
- Following progression 2 Players stand facing each other on the inside and outside tramlines respectively (in a ready, athletic, gorilla position)
- Players have three balls, one player starts with 2 and the other with one, and throw the balls underarm between each other.
- The balls must bounce once before the partner catches the ball.
- Each player must throw the ball with their right hand and catch the other ball with their left.
- Once the ball has been caught it must be passed between the hands in preparation for the throw and free up the left hand for the catch.
- As players master a rhythm, they attempt to increase the tempo.
- Ensure players have mastered the coordination from progression 2 before adding another ball.
- Make sure players are in ready positions, both players need to throw with the same hands; they need to work as a team ensuring they are passing in time.
Move on to "Developing Coordination- Progression 4"