Rugby Drill Demonstration
4 players start together on their stomachs next to each other.
- As the coach calls a colour cone, they move into position quickly.
- Once in position the first player with ball in hand approached the gates set out with the agility poles. The 4 players proceed to run straight through the gate and pass etc.
- Once the player has ran through his gate, and passed the ball, he needs to start supporting the ball, and again the 4 players pass to one another, but now their positioning is much wider than the previous positioning.
- Quick positioning
- Hands up
- Running straight
- Timing of run off passers actions
- Support in depth
- Once you've passed follow and again quickly into position
- Straighten up once into position
Once the boys get the hang of the drill you can introduce some fun additions to the second half of the drill, such as skip passes, grubbers etc, as long as all the players have one thing in mind, and that is support in behind the ball.
Drill tags: agility, passing, running