Hockey Drill Demonstration
4 defenders should be chosen. This exercise will occur on alternate sides- one side at a time.
The aim of this is for the attackers to score, and the defenders must drive the ball over the half way line.
- 2 attackers must go in the D, along with 1 defender.
- 1 defender must stay down with two attackers by the half way line.
- The attackers pass the ball to the defender, whom shall pass it back and the game starts.
- The attackers at the half way line have to get the ball to the higher attackers. They can drive or hit the ball anywhere.
- When the ball reaches the shooting circle, players must try to score.
- When the game finishes (attackers score, ball is lost, or defenders win), the opposite side must play. Around half way through, switch sides.
- Defenders must be changes regularly.
Attackers should win this, or at least have a shot on goal.
Created by T, Hockey Coach, England