Rugby Drill Demonstration
To encourage players to bounce and keep defending.
1. Set up 5m x 10m grid with a tackle shield at one end and two coloured cones either end where defenders and attackers wait.
2. When coach says "GO" or blows whistle, the defender runs to tackle bag, and has to lie flat on belly then bounce and tackle the cylinder.
3. As defender makes tackle the attacker leaves and enters grid and scores try.
4. Defender has to bounce up quickley to their feet and get ready to defend again.
5. Defenders have to be quick if want more time to tackle the live attacker.
- Get the attacker to leave earlier.