Block tackle -tag game
* half tennis court in length
* the 3 players at cone are defenders who practice 1 handed block tackle FH and BH. Only restriction: they need to have contact with the cone with 1 feet. So limited reach.
* players line A have ball and 3 points. They have to try to get to line B. If there ball is being touched then 1 point less.
* after 3 rounds change defenders. Who still had their 3 points?
1 HANDED BLOCK TACKLE
When: in small spaces you want to defend with your whole stick to cover lots of space
Goal block tackle: all of the sudden you take a bit step forward to opponent which limits the space between him and you and you block the ball with your whole stick.
* stick in left hand (normal V grip)
* feet in starting position
* suddenly big lunge forward and stretching stick out to the ball. left hand on the ground, wrist tight
"It is not only useful for staff who are experienced but a valuable tool for those subject staff who have to take teams."
The variety of sessions across sports - sometimes we steal session ideas from one sport and use them with another.
As we enter the business end of the competition, we take a look at the remaining eight teams and the key talking points surrounding each side.
Give it a try - it's better in the app