Hockey Drill Demonstration
- Use two differen coloured goals for each team to attack.
- Each team attacks two diagonally opposed goals and defends the other two goals.
- Swap the goals that each team defends and attacks.
- Choose any of the four goals.
- Which of the two goals is the best one to attack? The players shouls attack the goal that is defended by only one defender. To do so they should creat a 2v1
- how can an attacker create a 2v1? The ball carrier can draw defenders and use movement, change of direction and passess to create space and an overload on an isolated defender.
- What are the tasks of the defending team? Defenders should concentrate on channelling the attackers into areas that are less threatening and allow an opportunity to dispossess.