Hockey Drill Demonstration
Group 4, 5, 6 to start: Switch groups at 8:40am.
Phase 1: Strong dribbling position, pull back and pass in behind.
- Technique in pairs (5 minutes).
- Stay open facing forwards as long as possible (ball speed comes from the right hand).
- Either a reverse flip pass or keep the stick face open.
Phase 2: In groups, introduce tracking and overlapping player.
- Timing & accuracy of the pass.
- Understanding of tracking.
- If successful addition of a defender (who only follows the ball carrier) - better understanding of timing. Would introduce 1 defender at the first and second track.