Hockey Drill Demonstration
Receive ball from right ( 10 min)
- same turf as mini game + place 2 cones on midline + 1 diagonal in turf close to other cone.
- A plays to D and runs around black cone
- D receives ball from left and can only trap ball at the other cone (let ball get passed them). D dribbles around cone and plays back to A.
- A receives ball from right on run and the 1 V1 starts.
- A tries to score on 23 line. If D gets ball he plays to start exercise where other player is waiting.
Push left right with coach (10 min)
- rotation 1-2-3-1. Both sides. Switch sides half time.
- nr 1 plays to nr 2.
- nr 2 receives ( feet forward), runs to back line + push to right (or left) to nr 1 . Nr 1 scores.
- nr 3 is a "limited" defender. He starts if 2 has ball + defends with block tackle (level 1: leaves push pass open. level 2 he covers the push pass to force them to lift the ball.
Ball from left trapping
- feet towards attacking goal
- let ball get passed you. Stop at dribbling position (where cone is).
- while stopping already start running.
Ball from right trapping
- feet towards goal
- left hand out (away from you, stick right angle)
- stop ball at right foot
- while stopping keep running.
Push to left:
- keep feet forward to fake the defender.
- bring ball to left side of your feet
- bending knees, really drag ball to left side body and push will increase speed.
Push to right
- feet forward to give defender idea you are going to dribbling.
- before pushing make sure the ball position is next to your right foot or even behind
- left hand out + push to right.
- want to push harder= bending knees, longer drag, using your rotation of the body