Hockey Drill Demonstration
Drill to encourage decision making and good leading
Player at B has two choices:
Scenario 1: Red lines
- Player A passes to player B then leads towards far cone
- Player B passes to player A on the run
- Player C sees this run and leads away from the grain and then bursts back into the D looking for deflection from 45 degree hit from player A
- Once player A receives the ball on the run he/she then looks to hit the ball to player C who has lead into the D.
- Player A continues into the D looking for 2nd phase
Scenario 2: Yellow lines
- Player A passes to player B and then leads to far cone
- Player B sees player A leading into space but identifies that player C is open and passes behind player A to player C
- Player A realises that the ball has been passed to player C and continues his/her lead up to the circle.
- Player C leads towards the ball, receives then passes to player A on the run.
- Player A receives from player C and then attacks the circle and has a shot at goal.
- PLayer C leads into circle after passing to player A for support