Key points are:
- Ball carrier makes small steps as they approach the tackler to keep the tackler wrong footed
- Ball carrier to plant foot to one side of the tackler and then turn body so their body stays between ball and tackler
- The ball carrier pushes off the planted foot and spins away as the tackler is committed to the tackle
- The speed of the spin away should break contact and leave the tackler stranded
Use a supporting player to take a pass at speed after the spin has been made
- Support player should run to the side of the ball carrier opposite to the planted foot
- thus if ball carrier plants their right foot to the left of the tackler the support player runs to the right of the tackle and the pass is screened
The following practice could be used to devlop this skill.
I hope this helps you
Video / Animation
One group starts with the ball.Player with the ball forwards towards the player with the pad.The player hits pad with their right shoulder and ?pops? the ball off to the 1st player in the other group, who is running to receive the ball.The next player hits pad with their left shoulder and ?pops? the ball off to the next player form the other group, who is running to receive the ball.Drill continues until all players have carried out the drill from both sides.