Basketball Drill Demonstration
The player will jump off their inside leg and shoot with their outside hand. Once they have shot they will get the rebound and shoot with their other hand on the opposite side of the basket.
- 4 Minutes - Normal layups with backboard
- 4 minutes - reverse layups with backboard
- 4 minutes - normal no backboard
- 4 minutes - reverse no backboard
- Important to focus on footwork.
- Going right you step with the right first then take off on the left extending the right hand. When you land you repeat the opposite way with the opposite footwork.
- Try and focus on using the small black square on the backboard to finish.
Instead of facing the basket the player stands under the basket facing outwards and repeats the drill using reverse layups instead of normal layups.
After finishing using the backboard, repeat the drill scoring without using the backboard.