Hockey Drill Demonstration
Blue = Defender
Red = attacker
Blus player inside 25 plays ball in to red play to make game live. Play to goal looking to create outcomes in the D (shots, goals, short corners). play all sideline balls but if ball goes off baseline that ball is dead
when ball is dead 1 new attacker and defender join the game, attacker joins with the ball (this happens twice) 3rd new ball comes from coach feed. Final part of game should be 5v4 to goal
Defenders win the ball play to go through yellow marked zone
play on either side of pitch
shot on goal - 1 point
short corner - 2 points
goal - 3 points
5 points if they can play through yellow marked area.
- effective use of T-Spot area
- fast DYNAMIC leads of ball to create space or passing lane
- exchange of space
- move ball with precision around the D
- get low to score in Ugly zone.
- low and mobile in the D - protect feet.
- protect 'line to goal'
- Communication for line to goal
- dominate ugly zone