Tennis Drill Demonstration
- Coach stands at the net.
- Player starts from the centre behind the baseline.
- Coach feeds ball to the forehand corner.
- Player moves to the ball and hits forehand slice lob down the line.
- At the beginning stages of this learning process, you should instruct the player to use an open stance, open racket face and to move the racket from high to low to generate backspin.
- Coach should also remind the player to aim deep because a lob that lands around the service line will be an easy put-away shot even for any player.
- If the player succeeds with these first simple steps, you can increase the difficulty of this drill and deliver faster and more challenging balls or make player start from the ad corner to increase the distance to the ball.
Drill tags: controlled forehand lob