Tennis Drill Demonstration
Intention: Explore tactical development- "Over and In" and "Hitting into space"
- Each player starts the game with 3 lives (can be amended depending on time).
- Players at the front of the line take it in turns to hit a ball fed to them by the coach.
- The players keep their lives if they successfully execute the shot by hitting the ball over and in.
- The player loses a life in one of the following ways:
- Hitting the ball out.
- Hitting the ball into the net.
- Hitting the ball after more than one bounce.
- Missing the ball.
- Once the player has lost all 3 lives they are in the dungeon (coaches side of the net).
- If the coach or another player in the dungeon catches the ball without a bounce, the player loses a life.
- The only way out of the dungeon is to catch a shot from another player before it bounces, thus gaining one life.
- The player with the most lives remaining at the end of the game is the winner.
- Depending on the age and ability of the group, adjust the size of the court.
- Maintin simple technique- neutral stance, balance and stability.