Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Tell your players the following.....
- The first player runs out with the ball to the first set of cones and passes the ball to the second player.
- The second player then runs out to the next set of cones and passes the ball to the third player, who runs out to the next set of cones.
- In the last area of cones, the ball has to be passed quickly amongst all the players.
Don't feel that you have to focus on all of the following coaching points, you may have your own. Select the points that most closely match your overall training and session goals.
- Place one or more defenders in to the middle of the grid, they can move side to side, but not forward and back.
- Increase the distance between the cones, increasing the length of the pass.
- Decrease the distance, increasing the need to quicker hands.
- Make all the passes flat, for the attackers to run onto.
- Increase the number of players in the attack to four/five, this will mean quicker hands.