Rugby Drill Demonstration
SKILL FOCUS: Core & upper body strength, teamwork and kicking coordination.
EQUIPMENT: Rugby ball, cone markers.
WHAT TO DO:
- Set a square grid of 15m x 15m with cone markers.
- Divide the class into teams where only 5 learners per team will start.
- The game starts where both teams are at the end zone.
- The rugby ball is in the middle of the play area.
- On the word go, both teams start by crab walk to the ball.
- The need to try to kick the ball to each other trying to score a point by kicking it to the other team’s end zone.
- Learners that’s not part of the starting team can be tagged in.
- If a team members butt touches the grass they need to switch with a member outside the end zone.
Make sure the learners don't touch their butt on the grass.