Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Players line up single fine in two lines.
- Two coaches stand at the front and just off the side of both lines. One coach begins with the ball.
- The coach pops the ball to an oncoming player, who takes the ball in their stride and passes across to the coach on the other side.
- The passing player then runs through the cones at the end of the line and curves back round to join the opposite group.
- The coach receiving the pass then pops the ball off to the incoming player on the other side, who receives the ball and passes across to the first coach.
- The passing player runs through the gates and rejoins the opposite group.
- The game continues and flows until all players have completed a pass on both sides.
- The players should receive the pass from the coach on the move, not stationary.
- Keep the passes as flat as possible.
- Focus on accuracy and height, before moving onto speed of pass.
- Ensure that the players' momentum takes them through the cones.