Rugby Drill Demonstration
The pyramid drill challenges the scrum half to keep his head up, looking forward while getting in position to pass the ball.
1. Set out different coloured cones in a pyramid shape.
2. Start the scrum half at the first cone.
3. The scrum half squats and puts both hands on the first cone.
4. At the same time, you direct them left or right to the next cone.
5. When they reach that cone get set up to pass.
6. Do this until they finish on the last line of cones.
- Introduce a ball at each cone and get them set up with hands on the ball.
- Then get them to pass that ball.
- Then add targets to where they need to pass.
- Then bring in the fly half and get them running onto the ball.