Rugby Drill Demonstration
Improving players body position and protection of ball when driving through tackle.
1. Six players stand in file holding tackle shields.
2. One second row holding the ball works through the file.
3. At first, players holding the pads provide light resistance; this is increased after each repetition.
4. The second row completes five journeys down the file before resting for two minutes.
5. This process is repeated five times.
- The ball must be carried in both hands and held close to the body.
- The second row must adopt a low driving body position.
- The legs must be pumped hard throughout.
- As successive sets are completed, the body position may become higher through fatigue.
COACHES MUST FAULT-CHECK THIS CLOSELY.