Rugby Drill Demonstration
Getting players to think and improve tackles.
1. Set up two linking 5m x 7m boxes like in picture.
2. Split players up so half in each section like picture.
3. The coach then throws a player the ball.
4. That player then has to run into other box and touch a player with the ball.
5. Once they have they then have to try and score a try over the red line.
6. The opposite team who havent got the ball they want to try and avoid ball carrier and dont want to be touched.
7. Once they have been touched they have to try and stop the ball carrier from scoring a try.