Rugby Drill Demonstration
Improving the abillity to fend someone off and keep attacking.
1. Set up a 3m channel red, 2 green cones and 2 different coloured cones as seen in picture.
2. Have 1 defend with shield, 2 players on the cones with ball and 2 players facing away from drill on other cones.
3. Coach calls with orange or yellow ther turn side step to cone in middle and recieve pass.
4. Once ball is caught they run forwards towards the defender stood still.
5. They then make decision left or right and secure ball under arm.
6. Once ball secure use other hand to push off tackle pad and accelerate away.
- Get the defender walking forward once player has caught the ball.