Rugby Drill Demonstration
Improving scrum halfs box kick.
Make sure you set up a ruck site, so its more realistic.
EYES AND HANDS
- Keep eyes on ball.
- Fingers spread faceing the direction of the ball, to ensure quick ball placement and ball drop onto foot.
- Focus on dropping ball at correct angle and height.
- Poorly balanced leads to poor kick.
- Ensure player engages core from beginning.
- Make contact with the ball low down, more power transfered into ball.
- If foot makes contact higher up less power.
- Ensure foot is flexed, gives strong platform.
- Foot must make contact with nose of the ball. This is where the foot transvers most power.
- By kicking the ball at this point the kicker can control the ball and create back spin.