Rugby Drill Demonstration
This drill guides the Attacker's (blue) path towards the Try Line. They must run around the slalom and past the defenders (red) to score a try.
Defenders cannot come off their line (in line with each of the cones) however they can move side to side on that line to fill the space.
Once a player is tagged BOTH DEFENDER AND ATTACKER FREEZE - This will encourage defenders to pick their man and get the tags.
Swap Attackers and Defenders and re-run.
- Behind the ball carrier to offer passing opportunities
- Support your team mates, calling for the ball if they're in space
- Run at spaces not faces
- Focus on tags
- Teamworking with your partner on the each line / picking their targets
If attackers constantly win:
- Reduce space available to Attackers or Increase number of defenders
If Defenders constantly win
- Remove blue cones / Increase gaps for attackers or reduce defenders
Running outside slalom = turnover ball.