Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Create a 10m x 20m grid.
- Have the player line up in 2 line in the middle of the long side of the grid.
- Make 1 line the attackers and give them a ball, and the other the defenders.
- Have the first 2 players in the attacking line enter the grid and try and get the ball all the way thought.
- Have the first defender enter the grid from the other end of the grid and stop the attacker getting through
- Ball carrier must draw the defender to create space for the support runner.
- Support runner need to keep their depth and let the ball carrier know they are ready.
- Remind the players that the first option is for the ball carrier to keep the ball.