Rugby Drill Demonstration
The two teams are named Oranges (A) and Apples (D).
The coach calls either Oranges or Apples.
If Apples then the D must run to their safe zone without being
tagged by A.
Starting positions can be varied, start lying on the ground, facing
each other, facing away, sitting down etc...
· Carry the ball in two hands
· Run forward
· Lower centre of gravity (body height) and shorten strides when
· Use fast feet to run into space
· Deny time and space by moving forward quickly
· Lower centre of gravity
· Look forward at the target, hands up
· Make sure the players make a two handed 'Walla’ tag
· Place lead foot in close to the ball carrier
· Head to side or behind when making a tag