Rugby Drill Demonstration
The circle game is a good fun warm-up for the start of a training session that will encourage team work and communication. Once carried out a few teams it can be a good warm-up that you can ask players to start themselves while you set-up for your session.
- Players get into teams of five players. 4 Players are to link arms facing into a circle.
- Player 5 is the catcher and has to carry the ball in two hands and catch opposite player by tapping them on the back with the ball.
- Players in the circle are to move from left to right and try to protect the player from being caught by catcher
- Encourage someone on the team to make the calls.
- Rotate catchers in the team so all players can have the opportunity to be a catcher.
Players can face outwards