Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tackle and Offload
- set up a frid of 20m by 10m.
- get kids lined up into two lines at one end of the field facing the other end of the field.
- select two players to be tacklers who will stand on the centre line of the field with 10m vetically between them.
- the players lined up will run in twos.
- first player will run with the ball toward the first tackler.
- he will get tackled, go to ground.
- his partner will then act as a support player, and the tackled player will pop the ball up to his partner.
- the partner will then run the ball toward the second tackler and get tackled.
- the first player will then get up and be the support player. recieve the ball from the player on the ground and then score the try.
- once a pair have been through, they will then become the tacklers and the tacklers will go and join the attackers line.
- Players who do not with to get tackled or tackle will wear a bib, and then they will on tag or get tagged instead of tackling.
- When running into contact you want your body to be low. and you want your arm which is not holding the ball to go into contact with the tackler first.
- tacklers, need to sight there target, with their hands up. then they need to aim around the legs, bear hug them to the ground and then roll away for the attacker.