Hockey Drill Demonstration
1. improve Block tackle FH/ reverse
2. Teach when Block tackle
- set out 3 small turfs (see drawing)
- 3 groups of 5 or 6 persons.
- 2 goals 1 side, + circle of 5 m + end line on 2/3 of length 23-midline
1. Team 1 attacks, try to score by:
a) putting ball on foot in circle = 3 pnts
b) score in goal A or B by dribbling= 1 pnts
2. Team 2 defend. If team 2 gets ball= play to nr 3. Succesfull?
- nr 3 and nr 2 person who passed the ball can attack circle. Team nr 1 defend. Team 2 person who didn't pass go on the position of 3.
Nb with 6 persons than both nr 2 go on the position of 3.
Teach when you do a block tackle on the turf.
1. When spaces are small, congested.
2. In circle to protect foot
2. Improve blocktackle FH and BH. Focus on:
- taking ball with shaft (low, bend knees)
- surprise opponent if you are 1 stick length away : take suddenly a big step forward and shove your stick with shaft to ball