Tennis Drill Demonstration
Learn correct movement "cutting in" to play shorter balls.
Coach feeds alternately from side to side.
Player must stay inside the throw down lines and learn to move in a "smile" shape around the baseline. Feed in sets of 10-12 balls.
- The smile position allows the player to cut in on the court and take time away from the other player. Also if they were further back then they'd have to send the ball further
- Aim to hit the ball at the top of the bounce or when it is between the waist and shoulder
- Cutting angles and moving through the ball
- Making big steps to the ball
- Recovery with sidesteps, crossover steps back